Twitter Inc has taken down an image tweeted by the US President Donald Trump from its platform, after receiving a copyright complaint from the New York Times.The original tweet by Trump issued on June 30, showed a meme that read “In reality they’re not after me they’re after you I’m just in the way” with Trump’s picture in the background.The background picture was taken by a New York Times photographer, to accompany a feature article on then presidential candidate Trump in September 2015. Topics : Twitter began challenging Trump’s tweets in May and has repeatedly clashed with him since then. The president has threatened to change laws on social media after Twitter labeled one of his tweets about postal voting inaccurate and hid a tweet about looting, which Twitter said fomented violence.A campaign tribute video to George Floyd, a Black man who died in Minneapolis police custody, was also disabled by Twitter, Facebook and Instagram on their platforms last month, due to copyright complaints.Twitter and NYT did not respond when reached by Reuters for further comment. Twitter now displays the message “This image has been removed in response to a report from the copyright holder,” in place of the tweet.The move by the social media site is the latest instance of content posted by Trump being flagged or removed, due to what Twitter says are copyright complaints, violation of its policy on threatening violence, among others.Twitter removed the image after it received a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) complaint from the New York Times, which owns the rights to the photo, according to a notice posted on the Lumen Database.The database collects and analyzes legal complaints and requests for removal of online materials.
Loading… FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Wolverhampton Wanderers announced a new long-term contract for Nuno Espirito Santo, the bearded maestro who led the club into the Premier League and deep into the Europa League. Only Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola, and Chris Wilder have been with their Premier League clubs longer than Espirito Santo. Read Also: EPL: How Chelsea will lineup against Brighton “The next game is coming, just around the corner. If this match is for our fans, they know me, it’s a day by day process. It’s a commitment that you make yourself, to each day have a chance to help to do something good. How far? Tomorrow is how far we want to reach, to be better than yesterday and the next day, and the next day. We’ll see, but in terms of how we want to do things, we want to play better, how we can do things, working very hard like we do. Dedicate every moment to give the best of each one of us every moment.” How far can Wolves go with Espirito Santo? They’ve so far managed to keep hold of Ruben Neves and Raul Jimenez amongst a bevy of top players. The 46-year-old ex-Porto boss was the steady hand required when Wolves launched themselves several steps ahead of plan in qualifying for the UEL last season. There wasn’t an ounce panic with a slow start to the PL season and Espirito Santo massaged his squad through the congested season and nearly back to the UEL. The new deal runs through the 2022-23 season and will ward off suitors or at least insure the club against those hoping to poach Espirito Santo and bring him to their club.Advertisement Promoted ContentThailand’s 10 Most Iconic LandmarksWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without Recharging9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoBrother Creates A Phenomenal Dress For His SisterThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More9 Movie Scenes That Got Re-Shot And Saved The Whole MovieYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearTop 10 TV Characters Meant To Be IconicThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical
Plainfield, In. — Duke Energy’s board of directors today announced the appointment of Marya Rose – chief administrative officer at Cummins Inc. – as a new board member, effective March 1, 2019.Cummins Inc. is a global technology leader based in Indiana that designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad portfolio of reliable clean power solutions – including diesel, natural gas, hybrid, electric, and other non-traditional power sources.Rose – a member of Cummins’ executive leadership team – oversees nine global functions at the company: communications, marketing, government relations, ethics and compliance, enterprise risk management, facilities, security, corporate responsibility, and shared services.“Marya Rose brings strong leadership experience in a wide range of key corporate functions at a highly respected company known for growth and innovation,” said Lynn Good, Duke Energy’s chairman, president and CEO. “We’re excited to have her join Duke Energy’s board during this transformative time for our company, and we look forward to her contributions.”Including Rose, women now comprise 25 percent of Duke Energy’s board members (four of 16).Rose will join two board committees: compensation committee, and regulatory policy and operations committee.She was named Cummins’ chief administrative officer in 2011, after serving as general counsel and corporate secretary for 10 years.As Cummins’ general counsel, Rose transformed the legal function from a U.S. organization to a global one, with lawyers in China, India, Brazil, Mexico, Europe, Australia and Africa. As corporate secretary, she advised Cummins’ board on shareholder strategy.Prior to joining Cummins, Rose served two Indiana governors and practiced law in Indianapolis.She has held leadership positions on the boards of several nonprofit organizations, including Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky, the Indianapolis Museum of Art (now Newfields), Hoosier Women Forward, and 16 Tech.Rose holds a law degree from Indiana University-Indianapolis (now the McKinney School of Law), and a bachelor’s degree in political economy from Williams College.
This is Nashville SC’s first season in MLS. The team dropped its first two matches of the season before the league shut down on March 12 because of the coronavirus pandemic.___The Big East joined the growing list of conferences not playing sports in the fall. The conference announced that men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross country, volleyball and field hockey won’t be contested. Georgetown is the defending national champions in men’s soccer.Teams will still be allowed to practice and have team activities that are consistent with individual campus policies.Men’s and women’s basketball are not affected at this time and will be evaluated at a later point. Associated Press The Birmingham, Alabama-based conference’s Board of Directors cited health and safety of athletes and others on campus, mandatory participation protocols from the NCAA Board of Governors and the cancellation of Division II fall championships.The league said it would evaluation options for spring seasons in football, soccer and volleyball.___The Washington Football Team will at least begin the NFL season playing without fans in its stadium.The team formerly known as the Redskins says it plans to play home games at an empty FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, “out of an abundance of caution due to the rapidly changing dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemic.” The decision can be reevaluated if conditions improve throughout the course of the season. The conference’s Board of Athletic Administrators also agreed to reduce the number of NJAC games played by each team from 18 to 9 for both men and women.The conference members are Kean, Montclair State, New Jersey City University, Ramapo, Rowan, Rutgers-Newark, Rutgers-Camden, Stockton University, The College of New Jersey and William Paterson.___The Division II Gulf South Conference is postponing competition in football, basketball, soccer and volleyball until at least Jan. 1.The league noted that the NCAA has identified those as high-risk contact sports that are subject to significant testing requirements for all student-athletes and personnel. ___The Big South Conference has decided to delay its fall sports seasons with the hopes of playing in the spring. But it will allow football-playing members to schedule up to four nonconference games in the fall at their own discretion.Commissioner Kyle Kallander says the decision was made to protect student-athletes during the coronavirus pandemic. He says the league hopes to play conference football, men’s and women’s cross-country, men’s and women’s soccer and volleyball in conjunction with its spring sports and still crown champions in all 19 of its sports.___The Division III New Jersey Athletic Conference has decided the delay the start of conference play in basketball until Jan. 20 because of the coronavirus pandemic. Lauscha said the Saints “remain cautiously optimistic” that fans may be able to attend the Sept. 27 game vs. Green Bay.___Nashville SC is finally about to play its first game since March, with an assistant coach filling in as manager due to a late COVID-19 test result.Assistant coach Steve Guppy will be filling in for coach Gary Smith. Nashville announced Wednesday afternoon that Smith could not travel with the team because of COVID-19 testing results that eventually came up negative. The result was not available before the team left for Wednesday night’s game against FC Dallas in Texas.Nashville never competed in Major League Soccer’s MLS is Back tournament in Florida because nine players tested positive for the coronavirus. That forced Nashville to become the second team to withdraw, joining FC Dallas after that team had 10 players and a coach test positive. The Latest: No fans for Saints home opener against Bucs Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The New Orleans Saints have announced their opening game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Superdome will be held without fans because of unfavorable COVID-19 trends in Louisiana. The decision Wednesday evening means fans won’t have a chance to attend six-time Super Bowl winner Tom Brady’s first game with his new club since leaving his only other team, the New England Patriots, for Tampa Bay.Saints President Dennis Lauscha says owner Gayle Benson’s “overriding directive and priority is the health and safety of our fans, our employees, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome staff and all of the coaches and players.”Lauscha says the club has been working with medical, health and safety professionals, state and local authorities, and the NFL to determine how and if the Superdome could safely host fans this season.The Saints and government officials concluded that at this time, regional and statewide trends regarding positive coronavirus cases do not meet health and safety standards the club established to host fans in the dome.New Orleans Mayor Latoya Cantrell said decisions about Saints home games “will be guided by data, and until we get to where we need to be, we will have to support the Saints from the sidelines at home.” ___President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he has spoken with Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence and LSU head coach Ed Orgeron about moving forward with the football season.Lawrence has helped spearhead the #WeWantToPlay movement. That’s a coalition of players calling on colleges not to cancel the upcoming season because of coronavirus concerns and give student-athletes greater say as it considers safety issues.Trump said Orgeron “feels his players just want to be out there.” The president said he’s hopeful that both college and high school football would be played in the fall. The Big Ten and Pac-12 said Tuesday they were postponing their football seasons. August 12, 2020 “This decision was not an easy one,” owner Dan Snyder said. “But after several discussions with federal, state and local officials – along with input from some of the nation’s foremost medical experts, based right here in the nation’s capital – we are confident that it is the right one.”___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
Man United was good value for their win Man United was only behind for seven minutes though and it was Martial who levelled the scores.A decent ball by Luke Shaw found Andreas Pereira, who teed up his teammate and the Frenchman beat Martin Dubravka at his near post.The Red Devils then went ahead when Fabian Schar’s dreadful ball across goal went straight to Greenwood, although the 18-year-old’s powerful finish in-off the bar was sublimeAnd the game was pretty much sewn up after 41 minutes when Rashford leapt brilliantly to head in Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s searching cross from the right. Manchester profited from some very slack Newcastle defending as they ran out 4-1 winners at Old Trafford.The visitors actually took the lead through Matty Longstaff’s well-taken strike but goals from Anthony Martial, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford put the Red Devils 3-1 up at the half time. Martial was the standout player at Old Trafford Newcastle’s errors didn’t stop after the break and another dodgy pass, this time from Longstaff, cost them another goal.Longstaff’s backpass went straight to Martial who then proceeded to dink the ball over the helpless Dubravka.Martial nearly scored his first senior hat-trick just short of the hour but that proved to be his final chance as he was substituted shortly afterwards, as was Rashford with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer no doubt thinking of their trip to Burnley on December 28.Harry Maguire also went close with a long-range effort as Man United saw out the rest of the game with consummate ease. Source: Talk Sports Martial added another shortly after the break as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men showed a ruthless streak upfront to claim the deserved victory.Only goal difference separated the two sides in the Premier League table before kick-off but it became very clear by half time who was more superior.A slow start to the contest kicked into gear on 15 minutes when Dwight Gayle was put clean through by Joelinton, however, the forward failed to convert the huge chance as he could only fire the ball off the bar.But Newcastle was ahead a minute later through with Longstaff, who scored the winner in the St James’ Park fixture, beating David de Gea after cleverly letting the ball roll across his body. That was as good as it got for Newcastle