After being found guilty of rape at just 16 years old, Trevlon Frank now awaits his sentencing whilst on remand for the crime.This comes after a 12-member jury on Wednesday returned a unanimous guilty verdict against the teen, who was accused of raping a six-year-old back in 2016.Frank initially pleaded not guilty to the indictment when it was read by Justice Simone Ramlall at the trial commencement earlier this week. The indictment stated that between November 16 and 30, 2016, in Demerara, he engaged in sexual penetration with a child under the age of 16 years old.Short facts presented state that the teen, who was 13 years old at the time, saw the victim in his yard and walked up to her. Frank then proceeded to undress the child and performed the act. The young child later complained to her family about what had occurred and a report was made to the Police.At Wednesday’s court hearing, a victim impact statement was presented to the court and revealed the trauma which the incident had caused the victim, who is now nine years of age.The state’s case was presented by State Prosecutors Sarah Martin and Teriq Mohamed.Frank is expected to make his next court appearance on October 3, 2019 to facilitate a probation report for sentencing.
Public Private Partnerships could be in trouble with the current financial crisis. The Vancouver Sun has published an article which shows several of BC’s privately financed public infrastructure projects are connected to international lenders who are facing serious problems. The new Fort St. John Hospital is one of those projects. The plan is to start construction on the new hospital this year with it being completed by 2011. The Vancouver Sun says one of the initial equity partners in one of two consortiums, Babcock had to be bailed out by a company called Bilfinger Berger. – Advertisement -Babcock is an Australian based investment firm, that saw 98 per cent of its market value disappear because of the credit crunch. On January 8th the company temporarily halted the trading its stock. In the second consortium a South African investment bank Investec is involved in a multi-million-dollar lawsuit. The lawsuit alleges wrongdoing in the selling of shares by an associated company whose CEO was later murdered. For more on this story Click Here and read the full article from the Vancouver SunAdvertisement
Everton made a last-minute addition on transfer deadline day with the loan signing of Belgian teenager David Henen.The 18-year-old had been training with the Toffees until recently but his parent club Anderlecht decided to sell him to Greek side Olympiakos on Monday.However, Everton struck a deal to bring the youth international back to England for a season-long loan, although the paperwork was not completed until very late in the day.The club have confirmed the deal has now been ratified by the Premier League and Henen will link up with Everton’s Under-21 side after playing for Belgium’s Under-19s in Serbia during the international break.“As we had said previously he’s someone whose potential we recognise and at this stage he will go into the Under-21 development squad,” said manager Roberto Martinez.“We’re looking forward to working with him this season.” David Henen 1
Jordan Rossiter in action for Liverpool 1 Jordan Rossiter has signed an agreement with Rangers to join the Light Blues in the summer, the Ibrox club have confirmed.The 19-year-old England youth international will move from Liverpool on a four-year deal until 2020.Midfielder Rossiter made five first-team appearances for his boyhood club after captaining and graduating from the Liverpool academy, including featuring against Sion in the Europa League, Jurgen Klopp’s first game in charge of the Merseyside club.Rossiter is Mark Warburton’s third recruit for next season following the captures of Matt Crooks and Josh Windass as the Gers boss gears up for the Ladbrokes Premiership.Warburton told the club’s official website: “Jordan is an outstanding young England youth international who will be an excellent addition to the Rangers squad.“Technically gifted and game aware, he also has a first-class character and displays a tigerish desire to reach the highest levels of the game.“It is a pleasure to welcome him to the club.”Rossiter was out of contract at Liverpool and with Gers’ head of recruitment Frank McParland aware of him from his Anfield days, the midfielder was snapped up by Warburton.Rossiter described the move as “an honour,” telling the club’s official website: “I am made up to be here, it is a great club with a lot of history, you look at the likes of Rangers’ teams and players over the years and I am really looking forward to getting started.“I have come from a massive club like Liverpool to another massive club like Rangers so it is a great feeling for me and an honour.“I know Frank McParland from my Liverpool days and working with the academy with him and he is a great fella. I am looking forward to working with him again and getting started here.“He didn’t need to sell the club to me, it doesn’t need much selling.“You look at Murray Park, which is a great training facility and then Ibrox; I walked into Ibrox and I was a bit taken aback by it.“I walked in and saw all the mahogany walls and it’s nice and old, you can tell it is a stadium with a lot of history and I’m sure there will be a lot more made there in the future.”“I chose Rangers because of the history it has got, it is a massive club and I don’t think people realise down south how big a club it really is.“I think I have always known and so have my family and it is just a great opportunity to carry on learning my trade.“Rangers is a club which wins trophies and winning trophies would be brilliant, they have two already and are going for a third next week so it is a club that is always going to win things and next season, hopefully, I can help with that.”
It’s a big day of Sport and Music and food, of course, in Letterkenny’s Brewery Bar tonight.Matthew Crampsie is on from 9:30pm playing all your favourites and after that we have DJ Oisin taking over.The Joshua vs Martin in IBF world title fight on Tonight @ 10.45 pm and food served to 10pm.What great way to spend your evening! GREAT FOOD AND BIG PUNCHES AT THE BREWERY IN LETTERKENNY was last modified: April 9th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Brewery Bar
A 46 year old man has been charged in connection with an incident in which a man was injured in a shooting at the weekend.PJ Friel who appeared in court this morning charged in connection with last weekend’s shooting in Glenswilly. Pic copyright of North West Newspix.PJ Friel, of Ballynakillew, Glenswilly appeared at Letterkenny District Court this morning. He was taken from Milford Garda station where he had been questioned since yesterday in connection with the attack.Garda Inspector Goretti Sheridan told the court that Mr Friel faces two charges.The first is a Section 3 assault under the Non Fatal Offenses Against The Persons Act.The second is that he did discharge a firearm being reckless as to whether any person was injured or not contrary to Sec 8 of the Firearms Offenses Weapons Act 1990.Both offenses are alleged to have occurred at Ballynakillew on Saturday, January 3rd last.Garda Sinead McHale said she arrested Mr Friel yesterday but he made no response when both charges were put to him.Inspector Sheridan said she had no objection to bail but requested that bail conditions be put in place.She requested that Mr Friel surrender his passport and that he sign on once a week on Saturdays at Milford Garda station between 9am and 9pm.Mr Friel was also ordered to stay away from any witnesses in the case.Solicitor Patsy Gallagher requested legal aid for the father of two claiming his client’s engineering business was facing challenging times.Inspector Sheridan said the Director of Public Prosecutions had already ruled on the direction of the case and asked for it to be adjourned until March 9th.MAN APPEARS IN COURT CHARGED WITH GLENSWILLY SHOOTING was last modified: January 6th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:courtdonegalGardaiGlensiwllyPJ Frielshooting
A 24-YEAR-OLD man has been charged with burglary.The man, with an address in the Kilmacrennan area, has been charged in relation to an incident just outside the village in the early hours of Friday morning.In the incident a 69-year-old pensioner’s home was broken into and a handbag stolen. The victim later chased her attacker with an axe and Gardai in Milford went to her aid.The man was charged tonight at Letterkenny Garda Station.He will appear at Letterkenny District Court on Monday.Meanwhile Donegal Daily has learned that gardai have carried out dozens of stop and search operations right across the county following more than 20 burglaries in recent weeks.It’s understood gardai are also liaising closely with the PSNI on several of the investigations with files on several suspects sent to gardai in Letterkenny and Ballyshannon in recent days.24-YEAR-OLD MAN CHARGED WITH BURGLARY was last modified: January 19th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:24-YEAR-OLD MAN CHARGED WITH BURGLARY
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week King Abdullah II, a strong U.S. ally, vowed in a nationally televised address to “pursue those criminals and those behind them, and we will get to them wherever they are.” Two Americans were killed and four wounded in the bombings Wednesday evening at the Hyatt, the Radisson SAS and the Days Inn, State Department spokesman Noel Clay said. Two of the wounded were hospitalized. The daughter of a Hollywood producer was one of the two American citizens killed in the hotel bombings, it was reported Thursday by a Los Angeles television station. Moustapha Akkad and his 34-year-old daughter, Rima Akkad Monla, were at the Radisson SAS – one of three hotels that were targeted – when a suicide bomber blew himself up inside a ballroom during a wedding reception, KABC (Channel 7) reported. Significantly, the victims also included some two dozen Palestinians with roots in the West Bank. Among them were the West Bank’s intelligence chief, Maj. Gen. Bashir Nafeh, a diplomat and a prominent banker. Many Jordanians and Palestinians have supported the Iraqi insurgency, but the hotel bombings could tip Arab sentiment against al-Zarqawi. AMMAN, Jordan – Thousands of Jordanians rallied in the capital and other cities shouting “Burn in hell, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi!” a day after three deadly hotel bombings that killed at least 59 people. Officials suspected Iraqi involvement in the attacks, which were claimed by al-Qaida’s Iraq branch. As protesters in Jordan and elsewhere in the Arab world denounced the Jordanian-born leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, security forces snared a group of Iraqis for questioning and officials said one of the bombers spoke Iraqi-accented Arabic before he exploded his suicide belt in the Grand Hyatt Hotel. The main demonstration in Amman lasted for more than an hour. But honking vehicles, decorated with Jordanian flags and posters of King Abdullah II, cruised Amman’s streets until late in the night, as passengers chanted “Death to al-Zarqawi, the villain and the traitor!” and anti-terrorism slogans. About 50 people, including Jordanian children holding tiny flags, placed candles on a makeshift sand memorial in the driveway of the Hyatt. In the West Bank village of Silet al-Thaher, members of the Akhras family mourned 13 of their relatives killed during a wedding party at the Radisson. “Oh my God, oh my God. Is it possible that Arabs are killing Arabs, Muslims killing Muslims? For what did they do that?” screamed 35-year-old Najah Akhras, who lost two nieces in the attack. Similar thoughts were heard over and over throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Other members of the Akhras family were wounded, including two U.S. citizens who live in the Caribbean island of St. Thomas, said Nader Akhras of Arlington, Texas. Al-Qaida in Iraq, which appears to be expanding its operations outside Iraq, said the bombings put the United States on notice that the “backyard camp for the Crusader army is now in the range of fire of the holy warriors.” But later Thursday, in an apparent response to the protests, al-Zarqawi’s group took the rare step of trying “to explain for Muslims part of the reason the holy warriors targeted these dens.” “Let all know that we have struck only after becoming confident that they are centers for launching war on Islam and supporting the Crusaders’ presence in Iraq and the Arab peninsula and the presence of the Jews on the land of Palestine,” al-Qaida in Iraq said in an Internet statement, the authenticity of which could not be immediately verified. Al-Zarqawi’s group has claimed responsibility for previous attacks in Jordan, including the 2002 assassination of U.S. diplomat Laurence Foley. Jordan, a moderate Arab nation, has fought a long-running battle against Islamic extremists opposed to its 1994 peace deal with Israel. In addition to the two Americans, the dead included 33 Jordanians, many with family ties to the Palestinian West Bank; six Iraqis; two Bahrainis; at least two Chinese; one Indonesian; and one Saudi. The others had not yet been identified. Officials said the death toll of 59 – which includes the three attackers – could rise because several of the 100 or so wounded victims were seriously hurt. Iraqi President Jalal Talabani condemned the Amman attacks and said they put Jordan on notice against harboring militants. “Unfortunately there are still some groups in Jordan supporting terrorist criminals, describing them as the resistance, and they are deceived by their claims,” Talabani said in Rome. Two daughters of ousted leader Saddam Hussein now live in Jordan, as do many other wealthy and formerly powerful Iraqis. “I hope that these attacks will wake up the ‘Jordanian street’ to end their sympathy with Saddam’s remnants … who exploit the freedom in this country to have a safe shelter to plot their criminal acts against Iraqis,” Iraqi government spokesman Laith Kubba said. He also said Iraqis may have had a hand in the attacks. “The al-Qaida organization has become as a plague that affected Iraq and is now transmitted by the same rats to other countries. A lot of Iraqis, especially former intelligence and army officers, joined this criminal cell,” Kubba said. One of the nearly simultaneous blasts tore through a banquet hall at the Radisson, where 300 guests were celebrating the wedding of the Jordanian-Palestinian couple. “While I was shooting the pictures, all of sudden I saw a huge explosion, like the explosions we see on television, and people started screaming and pushing their way out of the hall,” said wedding cameraman Osaka Rushed al-Saleh, 27. He spoke from his hospital bed, where he was recovering from facial and shoulder injuries. President George W. Bush said the attackers defiled Islam and that the United States would help bring those responsible to justice. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Story Links Freshman Liza Petushkova leads the team with an 19-1 singles record and is on a 13-match winning streak. After going 13-1 at No. 3, she was moved up to the No. 2 spot and hasn’t slowed down as she is 6-0 at No. 2. In doubles, Petushkova and Tess Herder lead the team with a 17-2 record at No. 1 and have gone 9-1 in their last 10 matches. Herder also has an impressive singles record with a 14-5 mark and has won eight of her last 10 matches. DES MOINES, Iowa – The Drake University women’s tennis went undefeated in Missouri Valley Conference play to win the league regular season championship and is top seed at this week’s MVC Tournament, April 27-29 at the Cooper Tennis Complex in Springfield, Mo. Missouri State is led by Fati Khamissi, the Grizzlies’ lone player with more than 10 wins in singles. In doubles play, Missouri State’s top pair is Phoebe Boeschen and Anelisse Torrico who hold an 11-6 record this year. Print Friendly Version Senior Summer Brills is the team’s top singles player and has put together a great senior season, holding a 14-4 singles record and a 15-3 doubles mark. The Bulldogs head into the tournament with a 15-5 overall record. No matter who, Drake plays in the semifinals its opponent will be fresh on its mind as the Bulldogs played Missouri State and Bradley in their final two matches of the regular season. Drake topped MSU, 5-2 on April 22 and beat the Braves 6-1 on April 15. Drake (15-5, 5-0 MVC) will play winner of No. 4 Missouri State and No. 5 Bradley in the semifinals on Saturday at 10 a.m. MVC Tournament Bracket Bradley ended its regular season with a 7-0 sweep of Valparaiso. Sandra Maletin leads the Braves with a 10-8 record at the team’s top singles spot. Alexa Bradnt is the only other Brave with a winning singles record with a 10-9 mark.
MichaelTHE Donegal family of a Derry man who went missing in Liverpool are asking people in the city to help find him in case he has returned home Ireland.Michael Curran was being treated at a brain injury unit on Merseyside.He was last seen there on Tuesday past at about 2pm. “He might be making his way home to Derry so can you please keep an eye out for him and contact us,” said sister-in-law Jeannie Curran from Muff.Michael’s family are asking as many people as possible to share his picture and these details on social media.Anyone with the slightest piece of information can call 00 44 7517953435. CAN YOU HELP? MUFF WOMAN APPEALS FOR HELP AS RELATIVE GOES MISSING was last modified: December 18th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:appealdonegalJeannieMichael CurranMissinmissingmuff