That Croatia is a hit tourist destination on the Hungarian market is confirmed by the tourist turnover realized so far this year, which exceeds the total arrivals and overnight stays throughout 2017.Namely, according to the eVisitor system, slightly more than 572.000 arrivals and 3 million overnight stays were made from the Hungarian market last year, while in the previous part of the tourist year about 595.000 arrivals and 3,1 million overnight stays were realized, which is an 8 percent increase in arrivals and 6 percent in overnight stays compared to the same period last year. “The current trends in tourist traffic show that the majority of tourist traffic from the Hungarian market is realized in the individual segment, while a smaller part refers to organized travel, which confirms the thesis that Hungarians know Croatian destinations and regions very well. The most arrivals and overnight stays of Hungarian tourists were made in Crikvenica, Vir, Rovinj, Opatija, Medulin, Rab, Zadar, Lopar, Poreč, Zagreb and Vodice. Of accommodation, they prefer family accommodation, which accounts for about 50 percent of total traffic, while about 23 percent of total arrivals are realized in hotels.”, Said Ivana Herceg, the new director of the CNTB Representation in Hungary, announcing a business workshop for Croatian and Hungarian entities that will be held on October 15 at the Academy of Sciences in Budapest. Hungarians point out safety, good motorway connections and proximity as a great advantage of Croatia, so one of the main goals of this workshop is to increase the number of arrivals and overnight stays in the pre- and post-season and increase cooperation in the continental part of Croatia.That Croatian continental destinations are popular among Hungarian tourists is also shown by a special promotional project of the city of Karlovac, which was recently presented to the citizens of Budapest. In addition to the occasional cultural program in which students and professors of the Karlovac Music School and the Vuge Folklore Society performed, visitors could taste Croatian specialties and enjoy the exhibition “Portrait of the Star City”, art photographer Goran Vranić, and presented their promotional material in Hungarian. Aquatika – freshwater aquarium from Karlovac.Additional confirmation of Croatia’s popularity are numerous media reports on the beauty and quality of the Croatian tourist offer, such as the one in the famous Hungarian lifestlye magazine “Ridikül”, which presented Istria, Pula, Brijuni, Rovinj, Poreč and Motovun, destinations where Hungarians are welcome. guests, stand out from the CNTB.Sell Croatia workshop in BudapestNumerous Croatian and Hungarian tourist entities within the Sell Croatia business workshop will have the opportunity to further improve cooperation, ie even better linking supply and demand in an organized segment that includes travel agencies and tour operators. Applications for participation are open until October 5 via the form available at pages Croatian National Tourist Board.
MORE than 200 of Australia’s senior cricketers will be “unemployed as of July 1”, says Australian Cricketers’ Association president Greg Dyer.The current agreement between Cricket Australia and the country’s top players expires on June 30 and no new deal has been struck.“It is extremely likely that as of July 1 we’ll be jumping over the cliff together,” said Dyer.“The fundamentals of the deal are nowhere near to being resolved.”Former Test wicketkeeper Dyer added: “We will be assisting in whatever way we possibly can in that but they’re unemployed.”In March, Cricket Australia proposed salary increases for men and women as part of a revised memorandum of understanding, but that meant players would no longer receive a percentage of the organisation’s revenue.This was rejected by the Australian Cricketers’ Association, who also turned down a recent revised pay offer.The dispute has put a question mark over the Australian men’s team playing a two-Test series in Bangladesh scheduled for August, while they are scheduled to host England in the Ashes from November 23 to January 8, 2018.The women’s team is currently in England for the Women’s World Cup and players are under contract until the end of the tournament.(BBC Sport)
… just a few overseas weapons away from championship winning teamBy Clifton RossTHE Warriors (GAW) have been tinkering with their combination over the seasons and this year is no different, as the franchise smartly held onto their core group of local and regional players.Given last year’s performances by the retained crew of players, Warriors are basically two or three international stars away from forming a dangerous squad for this season’s campaign.Shimron Hetmyer, Sherfane Rutherford, Romario Shepherd are the ‘Big 3’ for the Warriors, given their production not just in the CPL but in T20 generally.They will be supported by Jamaican and Windies’ newest and dynamic Brandon King, who lit up the tournament last season with his hundred; along with the dangerous left-hander Nicholas Pooran.Guyana Jaguars wicketkeeper/batsman Anthony Bramble will duly add support to the aforementioned players as he has proved his worth in the past.The Warriors latest addition, rookie all-rounder Kevin Sinclair, was drafted as the Emerging Player for the franchise this year.His debut with the Jaguars this season for the Regional 4-Day Tournament was a brilliant learning process for the young Berbician who could, if given the opportunity, be a hidden gem as his style of play is tailored-made for the T20 format.All of the franchises have announced their retained players as they await the next round of the draft, the most important part – the selection of the international players.Over the years GAW have relied on their local and regional players to do the lion’s share of the work.Apart from Pakistan legend Shoaib Malik who has been outstanding as captain and player, Australian Brad Hodge has been in the past was been an excellent player and coach before retiring.Other pieces came and went, James Franklin, Luke Ronchi, Cameron Delport, Chris Morris, and of recent Chris Green, who could possibly be a part of the tournament, should his bowling issues be rectified.Pakistani Sohail Tanvir was a huge part of the squad last season in both departments while other lost diamonds like his countryman Babar Azam, who recently picked up an international ban, was once a part of the franchise.It will be interesting to see which international stars throw their names into the selection pool, especially with COVID-19 having its say in restricting sports.The CPL is currently on COVID-19 watch, as they await further word with regard to: should they call off the proposed August start to the tournament or will the green light be given once health conditions and safety guidelines are implemented.More so, should the Warriors bag a few marquee players who either currently play or had solid international careers, thus adding extra firepower to the solid core they have retained; this season could be the year they break the Finals jinx and possibly win the title.Chandrapaul Hemraj will need a strong international partner at the top of the order to go along with King who can float about the batting line.GAW will definitely need some venom in the bowling department, so acquiring a genuine foreign pacer could be a smart move.Rutherford and Shepherd have done great in their careers so far and are capable of holding their own. However, should Warriors have an international, who can take the pressure off when needed, that will balance the team.It will be left to see who from the overseas world will be interested in playing, given all that is occurring and could occur in a month’s time.The local franchise’s season will most certainly ride on the selection of the remaining spots to be filled by international players.Securing experienced, healthy players with decent track records whether present or past, will create a stronger learning environment for the already budding talent the Warriors have chosen to stick with in their quest for their maiden title.
A Grove, East Bank Demerara (EBD) man who stabbed another following a row over the use of a yard toilet was on Monday charged and later appeared at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Calvin George being escorted by Police following his court appearanceCalvin George, 19, is accused of wounding Orin Peters on April 11, 2018 at Kaneville, EBD, with intent to commit murder.In court on Monday, Police Prosecutor Gordon Mansfield revealed that the case file was incomplete.He had no objections to bail being granted, but disclosed that the Virtual Complainant (VC) and George argued over the use of a toilet. He informed the court that George then armed himself with a knife and attacked Peters, stabbing him to his abdomen.Peters was picked up and rushed to the Diamond hospital. He was later transferred to the Georgetown Public Hospital, where he was treated.The defendant was placed on $200,000 bail on the condition that he lodge his passport. He was also ordered to not make contact with the VC or witnesses, or to cause anyone to do same. Also as a condition of bail, George is required to report to the Grove Police Station every Friday until the completion of the trial.The matter was adjourned to May 18, 2018.