Tag: 上海约工作室的靠谱吗


Deaths raise Indonesia’s H5N1 fatality count to 97


first_imgJan 18, 2008 (CIDRAP News) – Indonesia’s health ministry said today that an 8-year-old boy died of H5N1 avian influenza, the same day the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed that a 16-year-old Indonesian girl—previously confirmed one of the country’s H5N1 case-patients—died of the disease.The boy, who was from Tangerang, a suburb just west of Jakarta, died today after one day of treatment in the hospital, the ministry said in an e-mail statement, according to a Reuters report. If the boy’s illness and death are confirmed by the WHO he will be listed as Indonesia’s 119th case-patient and its 97th H5N1 fatality.He had a fever and was first diagnosed as having dengue by doctors at a local hospital, the boy’s father told an Indonesian news Web site, Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported today. After the doctors determined the boy had the H5N1 virus, he was transferred to a hospital in Jakarta where he died a few hours later, the AFP report said.Sudhara Ningrum, of Indonesia’s bird flu center, told AFP that chickens had died suddenly near the boy’s house, but officials have not received a report on whether samples from the birds tested positive for the H5N1 virus. The health ministry said that the boy’s neighbor ran a chicken slaughterhouse and that it was investigating the source of the boy’s illness, according to Reuters.Also today, the WHO released a statement confirming the H5N1 death of a 16-year-old girl from Bekasi, another suburb of Jakarta. The girl died on Jan 15, the WHO reported. She was previously listed as Indonesia’s 117th case-patient, and her death has now been recorded as the country’s 96th fatality.The girl got sick on Dec 30 and was hospitalized 5 days later, according to previous reports. Chickens in her neighborhood had reportedly died 2 weeks before she became ill.Several of Indonesia’s recent H5N1 case-patients and deaths are from suburbs of Jakarta. The 8-year-old boy is the seventh person from the Jakarta suburb of Tangerang to die of the disease since October, according to the AFP report. Though health officials banned backyard poultry in Jakarta in early 2007, the rules and a plan for culling have been difficult to enforce.The girl and the boy are the second and third Indonesians to die of H5N1 infections in 2008. On Jan 14, the health ministry reported that a 32-year-old woman from Tangerang died of the disease on Jan 10.See also:Jan 18 WHO statementJan 11 CIDRAP News story “Woman’s illness raises Indonesia’s H5N1 total to 117”last_img read more


Three Bodies of Kidnapped Sailors Recovered in Philippines


first_imgThe Philippine military found the bodies of three sailors who were abducted on two separate occasions over nine months ago, piracy watchdog ReCAAP said.On July 5, 2017,  the bodies of two abducted crew of bulk carrier Royal 16 were found at Sitio Limbutulan, Sumisip Basilan Province.The 5,610-dwt bulker was boarded on November 11, 2016 by ten armed men who abducted six crew members and wounded two. The attack occurred off Sibago Island.In June, the Philippine troops rescued one crew member of the Vietnam-flagged bulk carrier who was held in captivity for more than seven months. The three remaining crew members are believed to still be in captivity.On 7 July 7, 2017, the Philippine troops while conducting military operations in Patikul Sulu recovered a cadaver which was later identified as one of the abducted crew of bulk carrier Giang Hai. A group of armed men boarded Giang Hai on 19 Feb 2017, abducted six of its crew and killed one while underway.The 4,739-DWT MV Giang Hai was boarded northwest of Doc Can Island, while the vessel was underway from Indonesia to Iloilo Port, the Philippines.17 crewmembers of the 25-men bulk carrier were rescued by the country’s authorities.The attack occurred in an area close to the stronghold of Abu Sayyaf militant group, which has been involved in kidnappings of sailors for ransom.According to ReCAAP, during January-July 2017, a total of 11 crew had been abducted from ships while underway in the SuluCelebes Sea and waters off Eastern Sabah.Of the 11 crew, two had been rescued, two killed and seven are still in captivity.A total of 39 incidents were reported during January-July 2017 in Asia, of which 33 were actual incidents and six were attempted incidents, the watchdog said.last_img read more


Water polo wins three of four to start season


first_img“I think the team responded well to the loss,” Pintaric said. “They’re taking one game at a time, and against Concordia, our defense was phenomenal.” The USC men’s water polo team won three of four games at the Inland Empire Classic this weekend. The tournament was the Trojans’ first regular season matches of the 2019 campaign and took place in Claremont and La Verne, Calif.  The tournament also marked the beginning of Marko Pintaric’s career as USC’s interim head coach. Pintaric is no stranger to USC, however. He begins his new role after 18 years on the coaching staff for both the men’s and women’s teams.  “This was the first weekend of serious games that we had — alumni games were just a test,” Pintaric said. “So we’re incorporating [players from the national team] a little bit and training with them.” The Trojans played their first game of the season in game one of a Saturday doubleheader against the Claremont-Mudd-Scripps Stags. USC rolled to a 21-9 victory, with senior driver Marin Dasic scoring a team high 4 goals. Last season’s NCAA Tournament MVP was not far beyond, as junior driver Jacob Mercep scored 3 goals in the season-opening win. This was the Trojans’ first loss since their 7-4 defeat against UCLA in November of last season.  This was USC’s first loss against the Gauchos since 1990. It had won 55 consecutive games against UCSB before Sunday’s defeat.  Redshirt freshman driver Bennett Winther provided a memorable highlight by scoring his first career goal, contributing to the team’s third win of the early season. The Trojans proved their ability to put a loss in the rearview mirror by blowing out the Concordia Eagles 27-3. In USC’s final game of the Inland Empire Classic, the Trojans demonstrated why they were ranked No. 1 coming into the season.  Gauchos junior goalie Tiago Bonchristiano was instrumental in helping UCSB emerge victorious. With a total of 10 saves, Bonchristiano prevented the Trojans from starting their season 3-0. center_img USC took on another unranked team Saturday in the Whittier Poets in what turned out to be a much closer contest than anticipated. In a 15-9 victory, junior goalie Vaios Vlahotasios helped prevent an upset by collecting 10 saves. Freshman Chris Sturtevant scored a game high 3 goals to lead USC’s offensive charge. “It’s a work in progress,” Pintaric said of the team’s performance. “This was our first field tournament where the guys all played well offensively and played good games. We scored our goals but defensively we did not play up to our potential … for that reason, we paid the price against [UC Santa Barbara].” “You’re not going to win that many games if you don’t play well on defense,” Pintaric said. “When you try to score on your opponent but give up that many [goals] it becomes tough.” The Trojans will play their first home match of the season at Uytengsu Aquatics Center Thursday when they take on Long Beach State at 5 p.m. The Trojans then traveled to La Verne Sunday to take part in another doubleheader. The team faced its toughest opponent yet, taking on No. 4 UC Santa Barbara. In a back-and-forth affair, the Trojans could not overcome a 4-goal deficit in the fourth quarter, eventually losing to the Gauchos 13-9.  Fifteen Trojans scored at least 1 goal in their win against the Eagles, with nine players tallying multiple scores — including Mercep, who matched his career high with 5 goals in a single match. Vlahotasios saved five shots over three periods, while sophomore goalie Jere Ashby collected five saves in the fourth period alone. Though the Trojans didn’t go undefeated on the weekend, the team showed that its championship run last year was no fluke. With a total of 72 goals over four games in the Inland Empire Classic, USC is proving that it is still the team to beat this year.  Senior driver Marin Dasic picked up 10 goals over the weekend — just one short of the team lead.  (Daily Trojan file photo)last_img read more


Premier League players face strict new training protocols


first_imgPremier League clubs face having to pay a huge refund to broadcasters even if they manage to complete the virus-disrupted season behind closed doors. London, United Kingdom | AFP |  Premier League players are set to be subjected to a strict testing regime if they are to return to training amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to British media reports.The BBC said Tuesday it had seen a copy of official protocols sent to all 20 Premier League clubs detailing the need for corner-flags, balls, cones, goalposts and even playing surfaces to be disinfected after each training session.Other measures in the guidance include twice-weekly testing, and a daily pre-training questionnaire and temperature check.Should a player test positive, with or without symptoms, they will be forced to self-isolate for seven days.All players will have ro travel to a training ground individually and avoid public transport. Once there they will not be allowed to gather in communal areas and won’t be fed on the premises.Tackling and contact will reportedly be banned for the first phase of team training.Meanwhile club medical staff must wear personal protection equipment when treating the players.A meeting involving players, the Professional Footballers’ Association and the British government over safety and health issues surrounding a possible restart of the game is set to take place on Wednesday.PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor, said his members would be open to playing again provided “everything that can be done is being done” to assure their safety.“We’ve got to try it, see if we can do it and see if we can return to some form of activity,” Taylor told the Mirror.“But it’s also being as careful and having as many assurances as possible that it’s achievable.”However, England internationals Raheem Sterling and Danny Rose are the two latest high-profile players to raise their concerns over a return to contact sport when the rest of society is being advised to follow social-distancing guidelines.– ‘Lives at risk’ –“The moment we do go back it just needs to be a moment where it’s not just for footballing reasons, it’s safe for not just us footballers but the whole medical staff, referees,” Sterling told his YouTube channel.Meanwhile Rose, on loan at Newcastle from Tottenham, told an Instagram live: “People’s lives are at risk. “Football shouldn’t even be spoken about coming back until the numbers have dropped massively.”A further complication for Project Restart is where any matches would be played, with the clubs opposed to a proposal for a limited number of neutral venues to be used.The UK’s national football policing lead previously stated resuming matches on a home-and-away basis would “present challenges” to the emergency services.But Mark Roberts said on Tuesday that police, government and football authorities were working together on a plan “which minimises any risks to public safety and unnecessary pressure on public services, but facilitates a sensible restart to the season.”London Mayor Sadiq Khan has come out against the idea of playing matches in the capital at this stage, with the city having been particularly badly hit by the pandemic.Five of the 20 Premier League sides are based in London.“With the country still in the grips of this crisis, and hundreds of people dying every day, he believes that it is too early to be discussing the resumption of the Premier League and top-flight sport in the capital,” Khan’s spokesperson told the Evening Standard.Premier League clubs face having to pay a huge refund to broadcasters even if they manage to complete the virus-disrupted season behind closed doors.Broadcasters would be reimbursed for matches not being played as scheduled and the lack of atmosphere in empty stadiums is also a factor.The BBC reported the bill could be as high as £340 million ($420 million) and would surge to £760 million if the season cannot be completed.Premier League chief executive Richard Masters has previously warned of a £1 billion loss once the absence of gate receipts is taken into account.New government guidelines have paved the way for elite sport to return behind closed doors in England from June 1.Britain has been one of the worst hit by the global pandemic, with the UK government officially recording more than 32,000 deaths from COVID-19. Share on: WhatsApplast_img read more


Sachin Tendulkar’s concept of 14-a-side in school cricket gets MCA nod


first_imgMumbai Cricket Association (MCA) has given a green signal to 14-a-side teams at the school level tournaments, and idea that was floated by batting legend Sachin Tendulkar. (Latest Cricket stories)MCA passed a proposal allowing 14 members, instead of 11, to play in a team at the school level, a move aimed at popularising the game among children.”The association (MCA) has recently given the go-ahead for the proposal and the same would be implemented in the Haris Shield and Garris Shield tournament,” MCA Joint Secretary PV Shetty told PTI over phone today.According to the proposal, every side can field their best batsman and bowlers, enabling all the 14 members to play. All the players will be also be allowed to bowl.At present, 11 players are allowed to play in each side.Sources also said that the Mumbai Schools Sports Association (MSSA) has reportedly agreed to implement the proposal.The idea had initially come up during the felicitation function of Tendulkar by MCA following his retirement a few years back.This proposal has been reportedly accepted by a few other states, including Haryana, it was learnt.last_img read more