Caulker, from Feltham, has impressed while playing in Scotland Dundee have rejected what would be a club record fee for defender Steven Caulker, according to manager Neil McCann.The Hounslow-born 26-year-old, who left QPR in December, only signed for Dundee last month.Centre-back Jack Hendry’s move to Celtic in January was reported to have topped the £1.2m brought in by Dundee’s sale of goalkeeper Rab Douglas, also to Celtic, in 2000.McCann refused to reveal which club had made a bid for Caulker. Sky are reporting that the offer came from Norwegian side Rosenborg.McCann said: “It well exceeds the club record fee we have received for a player, but it’s been knocked back.“It is great for Steven that he has come here and in a short space of time a club has tried to prise him from us for that size of transfer fee. It shows how good a player he is but he will be going nowhere.”See also:Caulker wants international return – with Scotland Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebookby Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksRecommended for youAspireAbove.comRemember Pauley Perrette? Try Not To Smile When You See Her NowAspireAbove.comUndoRome Hotels | Search AdsRome Hotels Might be Cheaper Than You ThinkRome Hotels | Search AdsUndoLifestly.com25 Celebs You Didn’t Realize Are Gay – No. 8 Will Surprise WomenLifestly.comUndoUsed Cars | Search AdsUsed Cars in Tuen Mun Might Be Cheaper Than You ThinkUsed Cars | Search AdsUndoezzin.com20 Breathtaking Places to See Before You Dieezzin.comUndoFood World Magazine15 Fruits that Burn Fat Like CrazyFood World MagazineUndoDrhealth35 Foods That Should Never Be Placed in the RefrigeratorDrhealthUndoHappyTricks.comHer House Always Smells Amazing – Try her Unique Trick!HappyTricks.comUndo
SANTA CLARA – Three exhibitions complete, three victories in hand and time now to reveal the three studs and three duds from the 49ers’ 27-17 win Saturday night at Kansas City:THREE STUDS1. Quarterback Jimmy GaroppoloNo one faced more pressure to thrive, aside from those desperados on the roster bubble. Garoppolo rallied. He got past his short shift in Denver. He blocked out the emotions of returning where he injured his knee. He regained his accuracy after early misses, and he came away …
Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati warned the Congress on Monday that if it did not immediately revoke cases filed against “innocent persons” during the April 2 Bharat Bandh called by Dalit groups, her party might have to “reconsider” support to the grand-old party’s governments in Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.‘Withdraw cases’“If the newly elected governments in Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan do not act swiftly and withdraw the cases against the innocent persons framed in Bharat Bandh, the BSP may have to reconsider extending outside support to the Congress governments,” she said in a hard-hitting statement issued here. The BSP has two members in Madhya Pradesh’s 230-member Assembly, while in Rajasthan her party has six seats in the House of 200 MLAs. Ms. Mayawati said the issue was a major one “connected to the interests of Dalits and tribals”. She said cases were lodged against innocent people due to the “casteist and political malice” of the previous BJP governments in many States, including those won by the Congress now.The Congress had supported the protests in April 2018 against the changes to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act which had witnessed instances of violence in parts of north India.The Congress governments should avoid the BJP’s track record of betraying promises made to farmers and the unemployed, the BSP chief further said in the statement. “It is important to give the Congress this warning before the upcoming Lok Sabha election, because now mere announcements won’t suffice,” she said. Ms. Mayawati said that when it came to announcements, people believed that the BJP and Congress were tarred with the same brush and it was up to the Congress to change that impression. (With PTI inputs)
Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 Now a member of the New Orleans Pelicans, the three-time NBA All-Star revealed that he should have bolted out of the franchise much sooner than he did.“My biggest regret is, why didn’t I leave when I had the chance,” the mercurial big man told ESPN’s Marc J. Spears.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“I had the chance, but I fought it. … I wanted to give it a chance. My representatives, they told me I shouldn’t stay. You know, being…I guess you can say stubborn and loyal, I wanted to make things work.”Before teaming up with another generational talent in Anthony Davis, Cousins shouldered much of the load for the lowly Kings, who failed to clinch a playoff spot throughout his tenure. Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH 3-time major champ Wawrinka needs coach after Norman leaves CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA Kin of Misamis Oriental hero cop to get death benefits, award — PNP Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games DeMarcus Cousins #0 of the New Orleans Pelicans reacts during the second half of a game against the Houston Rockets at the Smoothie King Center on February 23, 2017, in New Orleans, Louisiana. Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images/AFPDeMarcus Cousins is certainly in the upper echelon of centers in today’s NBA.Although his talent is undeniable, the 27-year-old Kentucky product remains hounded by his fair share of turmoil—particularly during the six and a half seasons he spent with the dysfunctional Sacramento Kings.ADVERTISEMENT QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort The constant losing only fueled Cousins’ frustration, which eventually led to his inevitable exit.“When you come in, you know it’s a business. How are you going to be loyal to something that hasn’t been loyal to any player that’s ever played this game? I was a fool,” he said.With his return to the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento looming, Cousins bared his expectation on facing his former team.“I’m excited to play in front of the fans and see their reaction,” he said. “But as far as it just being like a revenge game or anything, I’m past it. I’m in a good place, I’m happy where I’m at. We have a chance to win. We’re playing for something. So I’m good.”The now revamped Kings will host the Pelicans on Thursday (Friday in Manila). Khristian Ibarrola /raADVERTISEMENT Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC MOST READ Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Read Next View comments
The NSWTA have released the Finalists for the NSWTA Awards. The winners will be announced and presented at the Blues Dinner held in conjuction with the NSWTA State Conference on Saturday July 26. The nominees are:- Affiliate of the Year Six regional winners and one State winner.Suns Wagga TA Kiama Juniors TA (Stingrays) Albion Park TARebelsEast’s TAUNSW TABankstown Juniors TA MetsPenrith TALower Blue Mountains TABlacktown TA ScorpionsManly TARyde Eastwood TANorth’s TA HornetsPeninsula TAParkes TAWallsend TA EaglesGlen Innes TATamworth TAInverell Juniors TA Administrator of the YearJohn Ryan East’s TAJulie Andrews Wallsend TAElijah Van Der Kwast UNSW TALinda Bruce Glen Innes TA Region of the YearSunsHornetsMets Rod Wise Medal- Volunteer of the YearKellie Johnston Wallsend TAChris Dollahenty Wagga TAGary Brickell Wollongong TA Coach of the YearAndrew Hawkins Wallsend TAPeter Forrester Canterbury TAMick McDonald Wests TAAnnette Mounsey Wollongong TA Selector of the YearCraig May Taren Point TABob Monkley Yass TAMel McMah Easts TATim Kitchingham Penrith TA Male Player of the YearJoel Willoughby Canterbury TAGary Sonda Canterbury TAJason Stanton Wests TASteve Roberts Canterbury TA Female Player of the YearKristy Judd Easts TAClare Winchester Canterbury TANola Campbell Wests TALouise Winchester Canterbury TA Junior Male Player of the YearBen Moylan Penrith TAMichael Singh Wests TANick Good Penrith TA Junior Female Player of the YearNicky Albury Wests TAAmy Regal Wollongong TAStephanie Halpin Tamworth TA Also presented on the evening will be the prestigious BLUES AWARDS for individual volunteer recognition from their peers. Tickets for the gala evening, the Blues Dinner, celebrating 40 years of Touch will be available from the office of the NSW Touch Association. Further information and updates will be posted on the NSWTA website.
Mislintat: Arsenal striker Aubameyang too selfless to play for elite clubby Paul Vegas12 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveStuttgart chief Sven Mislintat says Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is too selfless to play for an elite club.Aubameyang has been linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona throughout his career.But former Gunners scout Mislintat, who signed the striker from Borussia Dortmund, was quoted by The Athletic saying: “He is one, maybe the only one, this exceptional top striker, who is an absolute team player.”Perhaps this attitude cost him the opportunity to play for clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona.”A striker like Neymar or (Sergio) Aguero, for example, would never give up a penalty. I like his attitude. He is good for the team atmosphere.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
CALGARY, A.B. — TransCanada Corp. announced Monday that it will move forward with a proposed $140-million expansion of its NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd. System following the completion of an expansion capacity open season in March.TransCanada said that shippers have executed binding agreements for 280 million cubic feet per day of incremental firm delivery service that will commence in November 2021. The company said that the average term of the contracts that were awarded is 22 years. “The successful open season for incremental export capacity demonstrates the significant continued interest of parties in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin to secure access to high-value downstream markets,” said Tracy Robinson, TransCanada’s senior vice-president and general manager, Canadian Gas Pipelines. “TransCanada remains firmly committed to providing our customers timely and reliable access to these markets through appropriate facility expansions and competitive service offerings.”
New Delhi: A day after launching the “Main Bhi Chowkidar (I am a watchman too)” campaign on social media, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday changed the title of his Twitter account to “Chowkidar Narendra Modi”. BJP President Amit Shah followed with “Chowkidar Amit Shah”, and tweeted: “The one who made cleanliness a moral value… he is called Chowkidar #MainBhiChowkidar. Say with all your heart #ChowkidarPhirSe (watchman again).” Shah’s remarks came after senior BJP leaders and Union Ministers Piyush Goyal, J.P. Nadda, Harsh Vardhan and Dharmendra Pradhan followed suit, changing their names similarly on Twitter accounts. On Saturday after Modi launched his party’s “Main Bhi Chowkidar (I am a watchman too)” campaign ahead of the general election that begins in April. He posted a video with the same title on Twitter, saying: “Your Chowkidar is standing firm and serving the nation”. The campaign counters Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s repeated attacks on Modi and his government over various alleged malhandling of economic and defence deals and situations, with the slogan, “Chowkidar Chor Hai (watchman is a thief)”. “Five years ago, chowkidar said he wanted to fight corruption. He said he wanted to make it a ‘Congress-mukt Bharat’. Today, the slogan of ‘Acche Din Aayenge’ has changed to ‘Chowkidar chor hai’,” Gandhi has been repeating at rallies. Gandhi latched on to the word “chowkidar” as Modi during the 2014 Lok Sabha campaigning promised to work as a “chowkidar” to guard people’s money and their trust once elected.
Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce believes his team is suffering from lack of confidence after their stalemate against Bristol City on Friday.The Villans played out a 1–1 draw with Bristol and are currently winless in their last nine games. However, Bruce admitted that his side were not at their best and put the poor encounter down to a lack of confidence.But he felt Villa should have won the game. He blasted the decision to disallow Tammy Abraham’s first-half goal, as well as the decision not to award a penalty to his team after a Bristol player handled the ball in the box.“I thought we deserved to win,” he added, according to Birmingham Mail.“The referee has made an awful decision in the first half.”“We could have had a penalty in the second half. Away from home, you need those decisions.”Allardyce praises Newcastle’s Steve Bruce Manuel R. Medina – September 11, 2019 Sam Allardyce believes Steve Bruce is a better fit at English Premier League side Newcastle United than he would ever have been.“When you put all those factors together, I thought if any ]team was going to win it would be us.”“It was never going to be easy. But after an awful start, the resilience of the players and the determination. For me, we were the better team.”Meanwhile, Jamie McAllister has jumped to the defence of Steve Bruce after chant of him getting the sack were made by Villa supporters.McAllister, who is the assistant manager of Bristol City told reporters that:“I think it’s crazy. He’s a top manager and has got a top side.”